Semoga Harimu Menyenangkan my Friends,
They say that means Happy good day. I can't say that I have been learning so much of the local language because I have just been too dang lazy. Ximena and I are in Heaven here in Bali, well actually we are in the Gili Islands off of Lombok, but our trip has been amazingly wonderful. We started things out in style when we met up with our dear friends Eliza and Noah who have been here for more that 5 weeks already. They had reserved us and amazing place to stay on the South West of Bali where they had decided to get married. So the day after we arrived we all walked out on an amazing point over looking the sea, with rainbows over head and dragon flies in the air and I performed the ceremony that they had put together, to officially unite them as husband and wife. The day was perfect and the setting was out of a dream. We relaxed in our plush bungalows, drank nice Spanish wine and toasted to true love.
The next day we traveled North to a Pemuratan where they had arranged for us to share a super deluxe villa complete with private pool and only a short distance to black sand beaches and bath tub warm waters. We went our for a dive the next day off of Menjagan Island while Xime relaxed at the resort spa. Beautiful coral and some unique creatures made the day a full success. Not to mention the fleat of dolphins dancing in our wake on the way out. We saw a crazy, white scorpian leaf fish right off the bat and then the smallest little pigmi seahorse I've ever seen. This whole place was almost too much in it's decadence, but we are on vacation after all.
After 2 days of living the high life it was time to start really traveling. Eliza and Noah headed into the interior to explore some of the only spots that they had yet to see on their journey. While Xime and I made our way East to see about finding the long white sand beaches we had heard that the Gilis had to offer.
So after a short trip on a fast boat here we are. We found a small quite place on the North side of the island and have been lounging around ever since. The snorkling is great right off the beach and the water is so warm I almost have to take a cool shower afterwards to refresh myself. We have been here for 2 days now and it looks like we will stay for another 2. It just seems crazy to rush away from paradise.
We will be travelling on though. We have some plans to go out to another island Nusa Lambangon where I think I will try my luck at diving with the elusive Mola Mola Sunfish. It's late in the season for them, but I figure I might as well try since we are here. Then we think we will travel inland of Bali to the cultural heart of the country, Ubud. We want to get a glimpse of the real Bali before we head back.
Time does seem to just slip away when you stop thinking about it.
I hope all is well out in your worlds. I'll send a little sunshine and smiles to you all from here.
Till the next time,
Will
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait to see the pictures. What an amazing first couple of days.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
Sil