Hello again my friends,
Well it seems as though another adventure has come and gone. It always seems like they go too fast. I do know that Xime and I will never forget our time in Bali. Especially our peaceful little beach in the Gili Islands where we sat sipping sangria and eating tapas as the warm wind of the night washed over us and the waves lapping on the sand soothed our souls.
On our way back to mainland Bali we stopped in the little island of Nusa Lembogan so that I could try my luck at sighting the Mola Molas. Unfortunately the seas were too rough to get to the best spot to see them and truly it was a long shot at this time of year anyway. I did have a couple of beautiful dives though with some outstanding fields of coral. Xime had the best creature sighting though. While she was taking pictures on the beach a little girl showed her an amazing sea horse that she had found snorkeling. I’ve only seen a few myself and was shocked when she showed me pictures of an big one out of the water. I don’t think she knew what a sight it was until I told her. I only hope that it got back into the sea before it was too late.
We then continued on to Ubud, the cultural center of Bali. After the small little beach towns we had been in this place was kind of madness. Temples and palaces everywhere with ladies walking in he streets carrying stacks of of offerings on their heads, which they ceremoniously laid out in front of every doorway both night and day. Not to mention cars, we hadn’t seen so many cars in nearly a week. We saw a wonderful dance performance our first night. With graceful young girls intricately moving their fingers, feet and eyes in time with the the ringing sounds of musicians, all at the steps of the ancient palace. My favorite was the Borang creature which hand two guys dressed in a lion like costume dancing around being tormented by monkeys. He is a guardian creature and despite him menicing teeth is actually very playful.
We spent some time exploring the market place as well, but after a while the bargaining got a little tiresome and I usually like a good haggle. On our last day we wandered into the rice fields to a fantastic organic farm/restaurant that Eliza and Noah had given us directions to. This place was perfect. After a wonderful meal I sat in the rice fields painting the various shades of green and brown as the sun went down and I found the little bit of peace that I had hoped to find.
So now it is time to slip back into the real world once again. I hope I didn’t ramble too much and hope you all enjoyed the updates.
Take care out there and hopefully we'll be in touch sooner than later,
Smiles till then,
Will
No comments:
Post a Comment